Monday, January 14, 2013

In-the-Hoop Zipper Bags

Sewing Machine Gifts 2012- A Series

As pointed out in the previous post, I spent a lot of time on the Sewing Forum site downloading FREE embroidery files. 

For my 2 High School Grand Daughters I made them  a few little bags with monogrammed initial/name.

The larger is a cosmetic bag size was made in the hoop (ITH) and can be found at the Sewing Forum titled Quilted ITH zipped bagI skipped the quilting step and added a ribbon handle.

The black and pink is coin purse size which is quilted.    
Actually it's a smaller version of the cosmetic bag, and you can find it free @ Five Star Fonts Embroidery titled Zip Case in the Hoop.  I just up-sized this file to make the cosmetic bag.

The ribbon hoops are made long enough to be able to carry on the wrist if need.
The purchased clip came from HOLLY HOBBY.
I made several tissue cases with embroidered names using the letters on my machine rather than embroidery.  The black fabric had so many colors going on, it didn't matter the color of the thread I used, the name just didn't show up among the busy design.  oh-well.  I've had this simple pattern for years, and after research couldn't find one exactly like mine which is super simple.  
  Note: I'm teaching a 3rd grader how to sew and this was the first project for her.  I hope to show how I taught her to make it on a later post.

Update: Please find tutorial and cutting measure for tissue case HERE.

Thanks to FREE

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

 

 

16 comments:

  1. They turned out really cute. Nice cheerful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Free is always great! Nice job on the pouches, love the black and pink coin purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Great job. Stopping by from Sew Country Chick linky party. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I found you from the blog hop. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Hugs
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I especially love the blue and orange one. I found you from Made by you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little pouches - and lovely fabric too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the fabric choices these bags are so very useful
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    You have some great ideas and we would like for you to share with our readers too. We are hosting our first link party tomorrow and we would like to invite you to link up with us. We have a fun blog to co-host with us. Hope to see you there.

    Thanks!
    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. They will obviously love them. Fun patterns and monograms are so big again. Thanks for sharing.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one talented lady! Pinned and loved. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  12. where can i find the tissue holder pattern?? thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Veronica for pointing out the need for a link to the Tissue Holder! I have updated this post and added the link above at the end of the post.

      Delete
    2. Veronica I would email you the information, but I can't find one and I'm not a part of the google + circle. Just can't add one more thing.

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.