Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall Fabric Leaves ~ Leaf Coasters

 


 

I wanted to make some leaf coasters.  So, I pulled up my leaf patterns, and went outside and found a couple of real candidates.  Guess who won? 

 





Inspired by: Art Threads
However, mine are made of upholstery and curtain samples which were so think, I didn't need to use anything in between.
I cut out the leaf and zigzagged around the edges.  Then I free motioned the veins in the leave.
I tried to free motion the Bible verse and didn't do to well.  So I used the machine's simple letter stitching.
These leaves include a scripture reference and
 are for Ladies Day at church.

************************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

8 comments:

  1. Cute idea. I like them. We Kentucky people are very creative. I am from Kentucky but live in Tennessee now. Proud of my heritage. I used some leaves from my trees for a quilt applique.
    Donna from Blackberry Winter Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute Joy. I like the patterns of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, and craft project! a good way to use up smaller pieces of left over fabrics ;-) visiting thru USS Crafty party

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project, you gave me the idea of ​​making a lot of leaves and make a wreath. Thanks for the inspiration! I came to your blog through JoAnn SweetPepperRose and I am new follower here. I hope you don't mind I'm going to pin this project! I love your blog and your creations. I invite you to visit my blog if you have a moment, here is the link;
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've done the veins on the leaves, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Stopping by from the Pieced Pastimes linky party. I really liked your leaf coasters...what a great idea for Fall decorating. I, too, am a Kentucky blogger and I am now following your blog. I hope you'll stop by and visit The Shady Porch sometime! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These coasters are really cute! Lovely fall fabric! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute coasters you have, love the use of fabrics. Thanks for stopping by to share in our Weekend Linky Party!!
    Have a great weekend
    Karren

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.