Monday, September 7, 2015

UK Birthday Cards

              With Mr. G being an avid University of Kentucky football, basketball, baseball and softball fan,  AND a grand daughter attending University of Kentucky AND her Mom, my daughter along with Mr. G's daughter crazy over Wildcat basketball, I DO NOT throw away a scrap of UK fabric.


                  These were made last April when Mr. G had his birthday.  Grand Daughter just had her birthday recently.  I had seen where someone had stitched cloth on card stock. So........birthday cards!



 Just simple lettering my machine does.


I stuffed a tissue holder inside of this one.
 The tissue holder doesn't take much fabric, 
but I did stitch together pieces to make some of these.
 The tutorial for the tissue holder above
can be found HERE
**********************************************
Info about making an envelope
       The envelope can be made from a template using one sheet of paper that works perfectly with this "half page" card. Just do a web search. Some are PDF files. However some are jpeg (picture files) and if so, right click on the picture & download as an image which will print on a full sheet of paper. Use that as a template to trace around, so printer ink doesn't need to be used every time you make an envelope. No resizing should be needed to print. I used the ruler & rotary cutter to cut out 6 at a time.  Use a glue stick to hold.   (info updated 4/21/18)
***************************

Thanks to:
Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photos

***********************
Please see my "Linky Parties" link above for some
hard working hosts and more fabulous WW shots.  



Quilting is more fun than Housework


8 comments:

  1. What great little scrap projects. I will definitely be filing them away for the future. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of scrap fabric! I love the sewn-on look for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really lovely. I love handmade things like this. Thank you for adding it to SHARE IT 27! It's great to have you party with us! Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow evening or Sunday at the FineCraftGuild.com site. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool idea! Thank you for sharing with OMHG Wordless Wednesday, have a great weekend! Co-host Evija @Fromevijawithlove xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Round Tuit post this week!
    A Round Tuit 275
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I have some big University of Utah fans in the family and they would LOVE getting one of these cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Dream. Create. Inspire. Party. I've pinned and shared on Facebook and would love to have you join us again tonight! http://tastefullyfrugal.org/2015/09/dream-create-inspire-link-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.