Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Simple Gift Bag for Baby Quilt

  I usually make my gift bags.  I finished making a baby quilt and had some scraps left. So a bag was created.  Here's how.






***********************************
*A Tutorial Tuesday*
 **************************
including gift tag
     First I put together scraps into strips and sewed the strips together to make a rectangle large enough to wrap around the folded quilt.  Then I added two 2 inch strips to each end.
Iron seams of white strips outward.
Fold under & iron 1/4 inch of edge.
Fold and stitch side seams.
Top stitch on inside of bag or
pin and top stitch from outside.

Made a quick tag to tie onto the handle.
Leftovers.

See The Exploding Block Baby Quilt HERE!
 ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page

5 comments:

  1. Making the gift bag is such a extra sweet idea, it can serve for more than gift giving. Love the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great way to use up scraps and a wonderful way to present a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gifts in one! What a great idea to use up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely used the left over fabric! I like the idea to make your gift bag rather than use something that will be thrown away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the kind of idea I love. Beautiful, useful and economical. Thanks a lot!
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.