Thursday, December 15, 2016

Thoughtful Thinking Thursday #68 ~ Clean Machine

Not too many cleaning jobs I really like to do.
I know one is supposed to clean their sewing machine every so many working hours.
And, we used to have to oil them. 
Now, it seems you might do damage if you go near one with an oil can.
I put off cleaning my machines, because, well, I'm busy sewing.
Then it starts happening step by step.
Stitches are skipped
A thread breaks.
Breaks often.
Needle breaks!
*
*
My thoughts turn to the fact it must be cleaning time.
So I put aside my sewing, and
go drag out the mini vac, 
 because repair people give you 
the finger cross curse sign if you mention canned air.
I pull out my cleaning brushes of different sorts and sizes, 
and of course my tweezers and microfiber cleaning cloth.
Have I mention that Babylock and Brother did not make their throat plates arthritis friendly?
I used to be able to snap off my throat plate (the plate under the sewing foot.)
on the Singer machines I've had in the past without a screw driver.
The designers of new machines haven't thought this through.
Hey folks, take a Thursday and think it out.
After I've messed with 2 screws for the next 15 minutes
 trying to get my hand and screw driver to fit under the machine,
I've removed the plate, and the bobbin case.
**
Then wonder and wandering start happening.
I begin investigating and thinking about all the new electronics inside these new machines.
This happens even if its the 20th time I've cleaned the machine.
I can't help but try to see how stuff works. 
Nevertheless, I try to only retrieve the dust bunnies and not all the wiring. 
Carefully.

Things have really changed since 5th grade when I started sewing 
on my Mother's straight stitch machine.
Then I think:    At least it wasn't a treadle.
*************
How much have things changed in your lifetime?
Think about it.
******************
Thank you Mr. Al J. from computer days for the vac.
It has come in very handy for my machines.
********************************
  ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.