Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thoughtful Thinking Thursday #71 ~ 260 Weekdays & 260 Chapters



During 2017 there are 260 week days.
There are also 260 chapters in the New Testament.

I learned last Sunday at church there is a Bible Reading plan using those facts.
It's called the 5 x 5 x 5 Plan.
 
If you "google" it, you can find it at various sites.
There are at least 2 different pdf files I found you can download to use as a checklist.
.
The Edmond Church of Christ - Scroll down to the 5x5x5 icon
Alex Tran - Includes an extensive list of Bible reading plans- 
                       Search or scroll to "5 Days a Week, 5 Min a Day"
click on pic for pdf that you see in my pictures.
 
Oceanside Church of Christ had check lists available for us.
Mr. G grabbed one.

For some reason the plan starts with the book of Mark.
I'm going to trust there is a reason behind this?
Some years I get myself into too many routines,
especially before bedtime,
but I'm going to try this one.
 
Year before last I carried around a large book
that had a plan for reading the entire Bible in one year.
I did it, but that big book was bulky and heavy.
After I read it, I found out there is an app for that!
 
For this plan, if I don't have my Bible with me,
I can use the YouVersion Bible app on my phone.
There are many free Bible apps to download.
If you look close enough, you can find one that is even ad free as well.
When you download look for the 5x5x5 Reading Plan.
The app will help you check off the days, and also give you reminders if you like.
 
Might I suggest if you didn't get to start on January 2,
 then just start whenever you read this or get the chance. (The app doesn't care either.)
You will finish on this day next year or a day or 2 earlier if there are more than 260 weekdays?

The purpose of this plan is to THINK about the chapter you read each day and share with someone.

so
Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.